Super Filter Media for RAS
The Mutag BioChip™ media for moving bed biological filters.
Aquaculture professionals, breeders and koi communities use Mutag BioChip™ as biofilter media for best water quality and large savings on OPEX
The Mutag BioChip™ speeds up pond filters with 4,000 m² of active surface area per m³ of filter media for the steadily growing nitrifying microorganisms for reducing the ammonia which is produced by the fish.
The large active surface area is providing the optimal habitat conditions to the bacteria, process stability and best movement at low energy consumption in small filter design. Biofilter chambers can be filled up to 70% of their volume with this high-performance biofilm carrier.
|Porous chip with paraboloid shape|
The short and long term economical benefits are significant. To name a few:
High biological active area: At 4000m2/m3 it provides more than 300% more surface area than an equitable volume of the nearest rival
- Less media: Need only 27% of the volume of MBBR media as compared "standard" media
- Smaller vessel: Smaller plant infrastructure, a smaller footprint, a significant saving in capital expenditure.
- Less energy: A fraction of the air volume and pressure to “lift” the media bed. Major savings in CAPEX and OPEX.
- No clogging: Media is self-cleaning even in adverse conditions
- Long lifetime due to flexible, abrasion-resistant material
- Virgin material: without any carcinogenic plasticizers